In summer the high temperatures not only affect us, but the machines also get hot and it is vital to take into account the state of the cooling circuit of your generator set for its good maintenance and operation during the hot months.
The refrigeration circuit is designed to transfer thermal energy between two light bulbs, with the mission of obtaining a lower temperature in one of them, that is why it is essential to keep it in good condition during the hottest times of the year to avoid heating.
Don’t miss Agresa‘s tips for the state of the cooling circuit of your generator set in summer:
- The coolant level needs to be checked as it is vital for the engine to continue to run. In addition, it not only cools the engine, but also protects it. If you run out of liquid, your whole engine could break down. For safety reasons, it is best to check the coolant level with the engine cold and on a flat surface.
- The coolant must be changed annually. The manual of the generator set tells us when it is necessary to change the liquid.
- Check for leaks and the condition of the sleeves. You have to check for leaks, which can happen with a damaged cuff.
- The state of the water pump must be checked periodically to find out the state of the cooling circuit of your electrogenic unit. It is in charge of circulating the coolant throughout its interior and through the cooling pipes.
- You must check the fan belts and tensioners. This way you can make sure that the ventilation of your machine is working properly.
- It is also necessary to check the condition of the radiator and assess whether it needs to be dismantled and cleaned.
- To prevent this, check that the temperature sensor is working properly. In this way you ensure that the state is correct and that it is safe.
- Finally, it is necessary to check the good air circulation and the correct installation of the ducts to check the state of the cooling circuit of your generator set.