Generator sets regulations
Do you want to install generators in your facilities? One of the first things you must do to ensure its proper functioning is to know the generator sets regulations in the European Community, either for the protection and prevention of machinery, as to avoid damage to people around you.
In Agresa we have more than 30 years of experience in the sector of generators. We know all the details about the European Community’s generators regulations. Discover them:
Directives and generator sets regulations:
- Directive 2006/42/EC: How we talk about a device that is considered a machine. That is to say, a set of parts and elements that serves to develop a certain function and that can be operated. Although not necessarily, by a user, has to comply with this standard, which has to do with the safety of machinery.
- Directive 2014/35/EU: As it is an equipment that provides low voltage electrical energy (capacity below 1000 Vac), it needs to have the endorsement of this standard, also called low voltage equipment.
- Directive 2004/108/EC: This standard concerns magnetic fields, one of the basic processes for generating electricity. Thus, we have to note in the list. By the way, it is also known as Electromagnetic Compatibility.
- Directive 2016/1628 EU: All engines running on fossil fuel emit gaseous and particulate pollutants. For this reason they must comply with this standard which refers to engines used off-road.
- Directive 2005/88 /EC: This directive takes care of the noise level produced by the engine when it is in the open air.
In addition to all these directives, generating sets need to be supported by harmonised standards. To be more precise, those that are condensed in EN ISO 8528, an international standard that applies to all equipment that falls into this category.
CE Marking is the process used by the manufacturer to report that his mauinaria complies with all regulations. It could be considered as a declaration of the manufacturer of the product. This term indicates that the object meets the minimum legal and safety requirements to be marketed within the European Union.
Would you like more information on the regulations for generating sets? Would you like a specialist team to check your machinery? Contact our team for more information.